Hyatt Administrative Assistant II in CHICAGO, Illinois
Under general guidance, this person will be responsible for providing a variety of administrative assistance in the form of, but not limited to, managing calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing travel itineraries, compiling and analyzing basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables as necessary, and monitoring email and incoming correspondence. This person will facilitate communications to the staff and gather information as needed as well as liaise with a variety of functions throughout the organization.
- Compose and prepare correspondence as needed.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls for; take messages and as appropriate handle matters on own.
- Manage active calendar, coordinate meetings and travel, update calendar with colleagues birthdates and milestone anniversaries.
- Create, organize and maintain manual and computerized file systems and data bases of highly confidential data.
- Provide backup for counterparts and coordinate schedules for other backup support personnel.
- Manage department budget, invoice management, vendor relationships and outside resources.
- Prepare and promptly process business expense reports and payments.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 3 years administrative experience
- Proven ability to project a professional image and shown capability of working independently
- Track record of good judgment and critical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple, and at times competing, projects
- HS Diploma required, some college courework preferred
- Fluent in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. For PowerPoint, the ability to adeptly create slides, presentations and charts is required a strong plus.
- Oral and Written Communications – Communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing; responds appropriately to verbal and non verbal cues; can succinctly get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people up, down, sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Organizing– Can marshal resources (people, funding, material support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Attention to Detail – Keen eye for fine points and accuracy
- Customer Focus – Views every customer contact as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships. Considers the impact on customers the barometer to use in decision making.
- Enthusiasm - Treats every situation with a positive, "can do" attitude. When challenges arise, acts and responds constructively to bring about a positive solution.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs
- during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of
- others; practices; practices what she/he preaches.
- Personal Integrity and Trust – is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; grasps the essence and the underlying structure of things.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008467
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.