Hyatt Benefits Analyst in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Benefit Analyst position is the primary contact for the field locations in escalated benefit- outsourcing system problems that need solutions. The position manages benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, courteous resolution. The position is also the initial contact for the outsourced eligibility vendor for welfare plan participants and may also assist in administration of the health and welfare plans and special projects as they arise. The position requires strong customer service and communication skills, analytical skills for problem solving, Microsoft Office suite proficiency, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage ACA hours audit process for variable hour employee benefit eligibility
- Responsible for updates and publishing of Welfare Plan legal compliance documents
- Responsible for coordinating, reviewing, and editing benefits communications with outsourced communications and insurance vendors.
- Responsible for Welfare Plan appeals
- Responsible for escalated participant issues
- Assist in management of benefit administration and health & welfare vendors
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 2-3 years of experience working with employer ERISA benefit plans preferred.
- College degree and minimum 2-3 years experience in a HR environment
- CEB or World @ Work Benefit Plan certification a plus but not required
- Full competency working with Microsoft Office suite; experience with HRIS
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a fast paced Corporate environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: CHI008421
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.