Hyatt Corporate Paralegal in CHICAGO, Illinois
- Responsible for preparing filings, resolutions and other corporate documents to ensure U.S. and non-U.S. subsidiaries of Hyatt Hotels Corporation meet their annual corporate governance requirements as assigned by the Director of Legal Services, including, filing annual reports, preparing Board and shareholder resolutions for officer and director appointments, handling annual financial statement approval and documentation processes, and researching and formulating solutions to problems with subsidiary good standing issues.
- Prepare and maintain electronic and hard copy corporate entity records and minute books, including incorporation/formation documents, Bylaws/Operating Agreements, resolutions, shareholder records, qualifications and assumed name applications and renewals. Compile updates to and produce organizational charts and directors and officers lists and update electronic databases.
- Review and interpret structure of corporate transactions and proposed transaction documents to determine required corporate entity documents to support transaction closing, including preparing authorizing resolutions, ordering and organizing certified entity documents, formulating solutions to transaction issues of entities, determining equivalent international documentation, and preparing corporate certificates. Research and produce entity documents in connection with transaction due diligence process.
- Review and interpret documents to identify proper signatory and other issues and work with document owner to correct and review document as necessary, including formulating solutions and documents to meet client needs, such as powers of attorney and certificates.
- Assist various members of the Legal and Finance Departments with the preparation of certain Securities filings, including 10-K, Proxy Statement, and 10-Qs.
- Assist with the maintenance of Hyatt Hotels Corporation’s related party procedures, including tracking potential related parties.
- Manage Hyatt Hotels Corporation’s director and officer questionnaire processes.
- Assist with maintaining and updating liquor and other licenses held by entities as assigned by the Director of Legal Services.
- Undertake document legalization process as necessary.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
This individual will be an organized, detail-oriented, proactive person who is willing to learn and takes ownership of his or her work and will assume other tasks as assigned by the General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, Corporate Governance and Securities Counsel, and Directors of Legal Services. Excellent written and verbal communicator.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree with proven writing skills. Legal experience is preferred, but we are willing to work with an individual who is interested in working in a fast-paced legal environment and has the ability to grasp legal concepts quickly.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008543
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.