Hyatt Senior Manager, Internal Communications in CHICAGO, Illinois
Reporting to the Vice President – Global Communications, the Sr. Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for developing, coordinating and managing internal communications strategies to support business objectives.
- Develop communication strategies to support key initiatives and programs, with a focus on increasing employee engagement
- Provide strategic communication counsel to senior leaders and support the business with expert service
- Oversee the project management, materials development and execution of large internal communications initiatives including town halls and online events
- Collaborate with the Regional Corporate Communications Directors on communication pieces that celebrate the Hyatt culture and engage all employees on company’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Serve as a communication expert on internal, cross-functional projects and programs that support the company’s strategic objectives.
- Manage high-visibility internal communication projects, working closely with leaders in a wide variety of positions within the company, including members of the executive leadership team.
- As necessary, recommend appropriate communication vehicles and methodologies to drive desired behavior and more effectively reach target audiences.
- Works closely with Public Relations, Investor Relations and Legal to make sure our internal and external messages are aligned, the impact on all audiences is considered and the company's reputation safeguarded.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 10 years of progressive experience in communications (or public affairs related positions) with a focus on internal corporate communications
- Experience working with large, complex organizations with diverse, multi-lingual workforce
- Proven success in managing large-scale projects
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, organizational relations.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related degree
- Proficient, solid working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008468
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.