Hyatt Lead Gallery Host (Guest Service Agent) in HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois
The Hyatt Place Experience. Hyatt Hotels have long been known for going beyond simple accommodations to create rewarding experiences for their guests. Through dramatic design, innovative cuisine and attentive service, Hyatt approaches the hotel stay as an opportunity to inspire. Hyatt Place, a new kind of Hyatt where the style's relaxed, and the standards are anything but. Hyatt Place is designed to give guests a brand-new hotel experience. And you are the key to bringing it to life.
The Lead Gallery Host creates an experience for our hotel guests by offering them a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service, while maintaining a clean, comfortable and inviting environment.
- First contact for guest concerns - Each hotel to set specific options for service recovery
- Training of all new Gallery Hosts
- Conduct huddles to ensure clear communication of the days events to all Gallery Hosts
- Food & Beverage inventory and ordering
- Oversee FIFO (first in/first out) process with Food & Beverage
- Conduct property tours for new hires and clients as necessary to assist the Sales department
- Oversee group reservations to ensure that they are pre-assigned and pre-keyed
- Initiate boards for Housekeeping in the morning
- Walk through of public areas and kitchen with follow up report/checklist to management
- Responsible for overseeing proper meeting room set up/tear down for internal and external clients
- Act as Manager on Duty in the absence of management
- Inventory control of Gallery Host Stand supplies and kitchen supplies
- City Ledger follow up notices
- Expedia/hotels.com billing Our successful Lead Gallery Hosts demonstrate attributes of a great Host by being aware and attentive to our guest's needs; in addition they create conversations and share a moment thereby making a real connection with our guests.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months experience as a Gallery Host at Hyatt Place * Completion of all First Place Training Modules
- Schedule flexibility - must be able to work any shift
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work well with other associates
- A desire and the ability to grow into a management role is preferred
Primary Location: US-IL-Hoffman Estates
Organization: Hyatt Place Chicago/Hoffman Estates
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: HOF000189
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.