Hyatt Chef de Partie - Western in MUMBAI, India
· Assists to ensure that all guest contact culinary employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Assists to ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Assists to maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.**
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.**
· Organises and sets up the assigned section of the Food and Beverage Kitchen as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximise productivity.
· Ensures that all dishes from that section are prepared consistently and according to standard recipes.
· Assists the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef in ensuring that all culinary standards in that section comply with company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and Minimum Standards.
· Monitors food and operating costs and controls these by reducing waste.
· Trains the culinary employees in that section of kitchen in the skills necessary for them to perform their function.
· Works in any sections of kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine.
· Ensures the sanitation standards for kitchen are being met.
· Be familiar with all sections of the kitchen to facilitate the flexible use of employees.
· Ensures that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Through hands-on management, closely supervisesthe Kitchen employees in the performance of their duties and ensures this is in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws.
· Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Kitchen employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Assists in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
· Supervises the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management. * Relative Work Experience.
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt International
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MUM000551
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.