Hyatt Events and Catering Coordinator in TUCSON, Arizona
SUMMARY Assist Events and Catering Leadership with administrative support and the execution of group activities and programs.
- Support Managers by creating detailed and complete BEO’s to communicate event setup, AV needs, F&B needs, and programing.
- Complete set up and breakdown of event spaces: setting and bussing tables, clearing room, gathering and returning equipment to its proper location, restoring all reusable goods, stock, linens, etc., locking doors.
- Conduct Pre-Event Walk-throughs, AV tests and confirm other meeting needs.
- Ability to communicate all aspects of group portfolio thru the Resume to include but not limited to Programs, Banquets, On Own Dining, Front Office, Transportation, Spa and miscellaneous resort services to all internal teams.
- Manage BEO and Group Resume distribution and send meeting reminders.
- Assist with scheduling hotel spaces and interface with appropriate hotel staff to maintain a hotel wide calendar of both internal and client events.
- Responsible for acquiring event guarantees and communication to operational departments; maintaining BEOs and distributing daily changes to operational departments.
- Conduct property tours, assist guests to rooms and assisting with events as directed.
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with other team members, wholesalers, representatives, guests, potential guests, and members of the community.
- Is familiar with all hotel services, features and local attractions, activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Participates in available training opportunities and applies learning and newly identified best practices where possible.
- Makes suggestions to improve the delivery of guest services and identifies new business opportunities that will enrich our guests’ experience.
- Responds to all complaints and problems in a positive manner and takes action to resolve. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma
- Two years’ experience in hospitality industry preferred
Available for night and weekend shifts as needed KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY
Demonstrates a positive attitude and acknowledges guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Communicate effectively to in both verbal and written format
- Strong organizational skills including focus on relevant details.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Confidence in decision-making and problem-solving skills utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
- Flexibility and adaptability to effectively handle stress and matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment
Exceptional computer skills, with intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel. PMS system knowledge as well as Sales and Catering software is desirable
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an employee may be exposed to while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environment includes well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. *
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: TUC000184
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.