Hyatt Restaurant Bartender in CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. Bartenders are responsible for providing libations and offering customized recommendations. The right person should be familiar with the latest in mixology, bar equipment, and sanitation standards, with a focus on maintaining an attractive bar. This position offers opportunity for casual conversation, creativity and allows for building on ones style and previous bartending experiences. Preferred candidates will have understanding of state and local serving guidelines.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations Requirements
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight.
Primary Location: US-NC-Chapel Hill
Organization: The Carolina Inn
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHA002711
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.