Hyatt Director, Lifestyle Brands in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Director. Lifestyle Brands is an entrepreneurial go-getter, depply immersed in lifestyle and cultural trends and experiences, looking for an exciting challenge with a globally recognized hospitality company. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Brands within the Commercial Services group.
The Director of Global Brands will be responsible for developing lifestyle brands in the Hyatt portfolio and executing projects, high impact partnerships and initiatives that support the broader short and long-term brand strategy. With a heavy focus on establishing brand relevance and differentiation, as well as shaping the in-hotel guest experience, the Director of Lifestyle Brands collaborates with Consumer Research & Analytics, various cross-functional marketing teams, and Operations to develop and market dynamic, immersive lifestyle brands that are highly relevant to culturally connected guests and offer unique, meaningful experiences in this highly competitive segment for Hyatt.
- Steward of the lifestyle brands that articulates and supports the brand promise(s), vision, position and architecture to drive overall business goals.
- Follows a guest-centered design approach to innovation to build a unique, meaningful, highly relevant lifestyle brand experience through all consumer touchpoints. Works collaboratively with operations, sourcing, and hotel teams to identify and develop new initiatives/offerings.
- Engages, inspires and galvanizes the organization around the lifestyle portfolio’s vision, and brands positioning and strategies to provide clarity in bringing them to life in each functional area
- Collaborates with in-house creative team and external agencies to build brand guidelines and design standards that support the brand identity and brand promise, and effectively apply standards to all first generation materials.
- Leads marketing strategy and works collaboratively with internal and external teams (PR, agencies, operations, field marketing) to ensure consistency in communications hierarchy and within brand guidelines.
- Analyzes global consumer trends and information to help identify dynamic, cutting-edge product categories/ offerings that are future sources of growth.
- In collaboration with Consumer Research & Analytics, studies global guest, competitive set, and hotel performance and leverages insights into recommendations and plans.
- Reviews and recommends guest specific in-hotel communications and provides feedback on consistency with the marketing and brand plans.
- Establishes and communicates a compelling and inspired vision, creates competitive winning strategies and plans, ensures strategies are aligned with company strategies.
- Continuously develops the competencies of both self and others.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Experience * 10 years of brand leadership with progressive experience in consumer lifestyle brand management preferably within the hospitality, luxury, packaged goods, or retail industries * Experience increasing sales and awareness through marketing, strategic partnerships, and innovative guest experiences * Ability to achieve goals through direct and indirect influence * Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing * Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and change management processes * Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization * Ability to manage cross-functional teams and projects * Ability to act entrepreneurially in a large, established company * Ability to work effectively in an unstructured, matrixed and changing environment
Education * Undergraduate degree required; Graduate degree a plus.
Additional Comments and Requirements * Proven track record of lifestyle brand building and strategic marketing through the entire guest experience * Strong understanding of social media channels and strategies, with experience in social media activation * Ability and willingness to operate in a fast-paced, complex corporate environment. * Ability to travel as required on a national and international basis (approximately 15-25%).
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009401
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.