Hyatt Senior Engineer - Cyber Security in CHICAGO, Illinois
At Hyatt Hotels, Cyber Security is a very important part of our mission to take care of people so they can be their best. The Senior Engineer – Cyber Security plays an important role in completing that mission every day by ensuring that Hyatt deploys new infrastructure and technologies in a safe and secure manner. Directly reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Senior Engineer takes charge of the selection and deployment of world-class cyber security tools in partnership with the Vulnerability Management and Cyber Security Operations teams. The Senior Engineer also acts as the chief evangelist for cyber security throughout Information Technology, consulting with the applications development and infrastructure teams on secure systems and applications design.
Hyatt is committed to procuring and deploying the most advanced and effective cyber security tools available and the Senior Engineer leads this exciting effort.
- Procure and implement new cyber security technology hardware and software, ensuring that technologies are procured within budget and delivered to the company in a timely manner.
- Assist corporate partners in the property selection and management process by conducting site visits and ensuring any new corporate developments can be achieved safely and securely.
- Consult with colleagues throughout Information Technology to ensure that new applications and infrastructure are secure from the project initiation phase.
- Act as the final approval authority for important technology provisioning processes including multi-zone firewall rules, data center VPN access, and multi-factor token creation.
- Develop and publish standards documentation that aligns with Hyatt’s Risk Management Framework and Cyber Security Policy so that future technology deployments can always follow a similar path.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- At least five years of experience in the Cyber Security Engineering or IT Engineering professions are preferred; however any combination of experience, education, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position is acceptable.
- A Bachelors degree or better in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Network Engineering, or any other security-related subject is preferred; however any combination of education, experience, and certification that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position is acceptable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A CISSP or SANS certification is preferred; however any combination of certification, education, and experience that demonstrates the candidate can be successful in the position is acceptable.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Experience with Firewall rule management, multi-factor authentication, data center zoning, VPNs, and advanced security software such as network policy management and application whitelisting are required.
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response, malware sandboxing and analysis, cloud computing environments, secure web and email gateways, and content distribution networks is preferred.
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Ability to travel worldwide on an as-needed basis in an emergency is required (up to 10% of total work hours).
- Position is located on-site at Hyatt headquarters in Chicago, IL. No remote work is permitted.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008795
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.