Hyatt Staff Accountant – Cost Recovery in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Corporate Accounting – Cost Recovery team. Responsibilities include general oversight of assigned processes within the Hyatt monthly and quarterly close process, specifically related to Hyatt’s managed and franchised properties, as well as the various billing and collection functions. This includes preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations as well as financial statement analytics across all Hyatt entities. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls and participating in special projects that incorporate a wide range of accounting exposure.
- Accounting for management and franchise fee revenue and related receivables balance.
- Accounting for Hyatt’s corporate bill program including the related receivables balance.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and billing files provided to the accounts receivable team.
- Preparation of monthly analyticals over significant account balances.
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures as special projects, as required.
- Preparation of various stand-alone audit reports.
- Preparation of quarterly external reporting schedules.
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Contribute to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Preferred: Master's degree in accounting
- Preferred: CPA - Certified Public Accountant
- Required: Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Preferred: Financial ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008922