Hyatt Assistant Director of Hotel Operations in COLUMBUS, Ohio
At Hyatt, we believe in being authentic. Showing kindness, care, and thoughtfulness allows us to connect in just the right way. This is our passion, our purpose. We care for people so that they can be their best.
The Assistant Director of Operations is a senior level leadership position with responsibilities focused in all Food and Beverage and Rooms areas of the hotel, to include: Restaurant, Bar, In-Room Dining, Stewarding, Banquets, Front Office, Housekeeping, Security, and Guest Services departments. This position maximized room revenues, controlling expenses and drives the highest level of guest service goals for the hotel.
· Responsible for short and long term planning of all hotel F&B and Rooms operations
· Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives, and manage within those approved plans
· Direct and oversee development of colleagues
· Hire, train, coach, administer performance reviews
· Assist with the direction of payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage and rooms operations
· Coordinate food and beverage and rooms operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service
· Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
· Implement procedures to increase guest and colleague engagement
· Exercise quality control for operational areas of hotel
· Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
· Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Located near the trendy Short North Arts and Arena District, our downtown Columbus Hotel is the ideal home base for travelers from all over the world to connect. Fresh and modern, Hyatt Regency Columbus offers 633 rooms and spacious suites. Sleek and stylish, our spotless hotel rooms feature upgraded amenities like swiveling flat-screen TVs, luxurious bedding and chic, contemporary décor. With over 70,000 square feet of meeting space and direct connection to the Greater Columbus Convention Center, our downtown hotel is a one stop experience for any occasion—from corporate meetings to weddings to family events.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and during peak days and hours
Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
5 years or more of progressive hotel Food and Beverage and/or Rooms experience
Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, creative and innovative, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to act fiscally responsible
Excellent colleague relations skills
Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
Excellent professional presentations skills
Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Must be able to lift, bend, push, pull moderate amount of weight
Must have strong hotel operations experience
Primary Location: US-OH-Columbus
Organization: Hyatt Regency Columbus
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Hotel Operations
Req ID: COL002878
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.