Hyatt Chef de Cuisine in JAKARTA, Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities:**
To develop, propose, describe and price menus that are appropriate for the outlet operation, the market and the desired business goals.
To prepare and update the Outlet Kitchen’s Departmental Operations Manuals.
To attend weekly Food and Beverage and Department Head Meetings, as scheduled.
To conduct pre-shift briefings and regular communications meetings, ensuring that they are effective and conducted as necessary.
To maintain and utilise other departmental and associate communications channels, e.g. notice boards, log books, handover reports, etc.
To ensure that all guest contact culinary associates in the outlet deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
To ensure that culinary associates also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
To develop, write, test and follow standard recipes.
To maximise associate productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the outlet as well as the expectations of the guests.
To ensure that the outlet food cost is managed in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.**
To assist in proactively managing costs.
To assist in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets, including establishing par stocks, equipment care and maintenance and inventory taking as required.
To assist with the input and oversight of product specifications, recipes and other data as required, supporting the smooth operation of Materials Management and Cost Audit functions.
To constantly evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that the hotel’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
To look for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
To review and analyse the weekly/monthly Menu Sales Analysis to adjust the menu mix and engineer the menu for greater profitability and customer satisfaction.
To establish the culinary standards for the outlet, overseeing the consistent implementation of the approved menu and training the associates as necessary in the preparation and presentation of each and every item.
To be able to create special menus, suggest alternatives, meet specific customer requests and interact with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
To monitor all outlet kitchen operations, especially during peak business periods, assisting and making adjustments where necessary.
To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
To make sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
To respond to the results of the Consumer Audit and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
To work closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
To make sure that culinary associates work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
To make sure that all associates are up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market.
To taste and monitor the food products served, providing feedback and adjusting where appropriate.
To work with the Materials Manager in the procurement of the best product for the best price.
To work closely with the Stewarding Manager to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained and that operating equipment is cared for to maximise its useful life and to minimise breakage.
To work with the Director of Engineering to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and cared for.
To assist in the recruitment and selection of outlet culinary associates. To follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting associates.
To oversee the punctuality and appearance of outlet culinary associates, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
To maximise the effectiveness of outlet culinary associates by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
To conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with associates.
To implement effective training programmes for associates in coordination with the Training Manager and the outlet kitchen’s Departmental Trainers.
To prepare and post weekly work schedules for outlet culinary associates, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
To encourage associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
To support the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
To ensure that all associates have a complete understanding of and adhere to associate rules and regulations.
To ensure that associates follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
To maintain strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations.
To respond to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
To read the hotel's Associate Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
_Core Skills_· *Produces Quality Work* The ability to produce high quality work in a consistent and reliable manner, in support of Hyatt’s standards and processes · *Achieves Results* The ability to identify priorities, solve problems, produce desired results and be accountable for commitments · *Promotes Teamwork and Collaboration* The ability to build relationships within and across functions, balance individual and team goals, respect others and value different perspectives. · *Communicates Effectively* The ability to listen actively and identify appropriate messages and delivery methods to effectively influence others. · *Shows Initiative and Resourcefulness* The ability to initiate action, make decisions, adapt, drive change, use resources efficiently and solve problems quickly, creatively and practically · *Focuses on Customers* The ability to identify needs, shape actions and add value to relationships based on a central focus of customer satisfaction
· * Care*Hyatt’s higher purpose is based on care. Caring leaders build trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships. The capacity to care for one another is one of the strongest of all human traits. At the centre of caring is empathy. Leaders exhibit empathy when they connect personally and deeply with those around them.
· * Serve*Serving leaders create success for and through others. Such leaders are motivated by service to the higher purpose, the business and its stakeholders – not by the pursuit of power or personal gain. The success of these leaders is gauged by the success of others. They don’t try to solve all problems or to have all of the answers: they thrive by unleashing others in pursuit of goals. They understand and take direct responsibility for growing the next generation of leaders.
· * Learn*Learning leaders are inspired by learning and they take pride in further developing themselves. They are not afraid of – and they learn from – mistakes and failures. They make the intentional decision to continue to learn and grow throughout their lives, challenging themselves to be and do more, and gaining broader experiences. With their high learning agility and ability to be vulnerable, they reflect on and learn from experience, apply that learning to perform successfully under new or first-time conditions and share their learning, and themselves, with others.
· * Adapt*Adaptive leaders demonstrate agility in the face of continuous change. They anticipate and thrive in changing environments where diversity of thought fosters innovation and creativity. They have the ability to create a climate where individuals can take risk, experiment, and learn from failure: often times with great speed. Adapting leaders constantly think about what changes are needed to stay relevant in the marketplace and to fulfil the organization’s purpose.
* Holds a qualification in Hospitality Management specializing in Food and Beverage Management or Kitchen Management. * Excellent Communication & interpersonal skills * Excellent customer service and Food and Beverage Kitchen skills * Inventory management skills * Excellent understanding of Food Safety system implementation * Menu Development and Cost Management skills * Well-developed computer skills particularly in the use of MS Office, email and SCALA. * Minimum two to four years work experience as Chef De Cuisine in a hotel or similar large restaurant with good standards. * Preferable prerequisite knowledge in the Hotel, Restaurant or Travel industry. * Training Need: FSMS, HACCP Awareness, ISO Awareness, Internal Audit, Basic Food Safety, Food Allergen Awareness, How to handle Food Complaint, Annual Hygiene Refresher Training (HACCP).
Primary Location: ID-JW-Jakarta
Organization: Grand Hyatt Jakarta
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: JAK000098