Hyatt Director of Engineering in JEJU, South Korea
Hyatt is extremely pleased to prepare the opening for the Grand Hyatt Jeju with a new vision of the Grand Hyatt brand in Jeju, reflective of the island’s unique environment, and providing travelers with our first-class integrated resort service and hospitality. The hotel will be one of the largest Hyatt hotels with 1,600 rooms, 11 food and beverage outlets, and approximately 1,200 square meters of meeting space, indoor and outdoor pools, fitness center, two spas (Western and Korean) with a total of eight treatment rooms and a kids club.
Grand Hyatt Jeju has an exciting and unique career opportunity for an experienced Engineering leader to join the team as Director of Engineering. Reporting to the General Manager/Managing Director, this role is an integral part of the Hotel's Leadership Committee and encompasses a balance of strategic business partner and proactive Engineering role.
Nurturing a diverse thriving team of Engineering professionals, the function focuses on pre-opening and post-opening planning; execution including Project Handover & Operational Preparedness. To ensure the efficient and economic operation of the Engineering Department in support of all other operating Departments, supplying services as required to the entire operation, and maintaining equipment, building, and grounds in optimum condition. And synergy with the owner’s counterpart to operate with excellence and deliver on Hyatt’s purpose and ultimate success.
The position will initially be based out of Seoul during the hotel construction period. The successful candidate will join the hotel team in Jeju City/Island, South Korea, upon completion of construction and prior to the hotel opening.
To be Successful in This Role, You Will Require to Have
- A minimum of five years' experience in a senior leadership role overseeing Engineering preferably within the Hospitality / Tourism industry.
- Hotel Opening experience and understanding of casino integrated resort operations.
- Relevant studies or experiences (Bachelor degree minimum) with focus in Business, Engineering Management and/or Tourism & Hospitality
- Demonstrated leadership ability in achieving and delivering results that align with strategic business goals
- Fluency (read, speak and write) in both Korean and English
- Good knowledge of the Property System and Cost Containment and Efficiency tools (e.g. BirchStreet, Hyperion, iCaps, Building/Room Management System etc) is a preference
Primary Location: KR-49-Jeju
Organization: Grand Hyatt Jeju
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Engineering/Facility Maintenance
Req ID: JEJ000253