Hyatt Security Officer in MELBOURNE, Australia
At Hyatt we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of /empathy/ and human /connection./ We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as /unique/ individuals, to enable us to design and deliver /personal experiences/. With over 590 properties around the world, our brands include: Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House Hyatt Ziva, and Hyatt Zilara
We are seeking disciplined and passionate individuals with a minimum of 2 years experience in a 4-5 star Hotel or corporate environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to customer care, safety and security, be computer literate and possess strong administration and communication skills. Must be able to operate in a calm controlled manner, in response to incidents.
The successful candidate will:
- Use good judgement, when dealing with staff and the public or in situations that require face to-face dialogue;
- Enforce policies, regulations and procedures;
- Provide appropriate response to incidents and/or requests;
- Prepare well written security logs and First Aid reports;
- Have a proven ability in conflict de-escalation skills;
- Possess a Level 2 Certificate in Workplace First Aid;
- Be computer literate in programs Word, Excel and Access;
- Have the ability to work varying shifts including weekends;
- Be physically fit to spend long hours on your feet and walk up and down stairways and
A Certificate 2 or 3 in Security Operations, Level III First Aid, Fire Warden Certificate are also desirable.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Static Guarding Assignments – inclusive of monitoring, controlling and directing the movement of personnel; responding to security and emergency related incidents, including the provision of first aid; use CCTV surveillance systems; and inspecting hand-carried items and vehicles as required.
- Patrolling – inclusive of providing a physical presence to deter illegitimate behavior, monitor the environment for hazards and threats, malfunctioning equipment, criminal and anti-social behavior, noise complaints, domestic disputes, RSA compliance , etc; as well as act as an ambassador to the Brand and assist guests as required.
- Control Room Operations – inclusive of key issues and audits, contractor and visitor facilitation, CCTV surveillance; alarm monitoring, key-card production, facilitate contract security assignments, receipt and registration of found cash and credit cards, and answer telephone enquiries.
- Special Events – provide for the safe and secure management of hosted events.
- Crowd Control – Control the safe arrival and departure of VIP guests.
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
- Above Award wage rates
- Discounted meals in our trendy associate restaurant
- Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Full
- Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
- Food and Beverage discounts at Australian-based Hyatt properties
- Fully laundered uniforms
- Learning & Development opportunities
Discounted Gym Membership at our City Club
How to Apply?
Please click the Apply Now button. Don’t forget to include a cover letter and let us know “why you’re passionate about joining our team”.
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: MEL001386