Hyatt Event Set-up Supervisor (200,000 sq. ft of meeting space) in NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana
To oversee all set up operations and assist in developing and maintaining care processes for all equipment. This should be conducted in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Hyatt’s high standards of quality.
Responsible for overseeing the set-up of banquet rooms, cleanliness of rooms, and other duties as instructed by Director of F&B, Director of Banquets, Assistant Banquet Manager, and/or Conference Service Manager to include chairs, tables, linens, lecterns, etc.
Responsible for inspecting and maintaining set-ups for cleanliness and accuracy, and acting as a liaison between the set-up team and the other departments and guests to ensure that all of the guest needs are met.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of all set-up equipment. This will include developing cleaning and repair process for tables, chairs, and linens.
Responsible for reporting any issues or concerns, and monitoring the upkeep of the meeting spaces and equipment.
- Assist in the training, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining of employees
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift, and carry objects. Physical activities include lifting and carrying objects. Walking, talking, standing, bending, stooping, seeing, touching, reaching, handling.
- Prior hospitality experience is required in a mid to large scale operation
- Must have a positive attitude and willing to go the extra mile to exceed the expectations of both internal and external guests
- Minimum 2-year associates degree or 4-year degree is preferred
Primary Location: US-LA-New Orleans
Organization: Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: NEW007501