Hyatt Assistant Director of Finance in NEW YORK CITY, New York
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for the oversight of the hotel's general ledger operations and supports the Area Director of Finance. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for efficiently running the Accounting department, in line with Hyatt’s standards, while meeting guest andowner expectations. Other responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and review all journal vouchers, month-end reports and reconciliations
- Review preliminary financial statements with the Area Director Finance
- Participate in monthly financial reviews and assist the Area Director of Finance with the presentation of these reports
- Assist the Area Director of Finance with supervising the Accounting team and the Information Technology functions of the hotel including coaching and counseling, to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures, interviewing, training and evaluating performance of staff.
- Manage and help oversee hotel on-site accounting functions to ensure proper fiscal management, timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the hotel. This responsibility also includes hotel financial planning, budgeting, accounting and cash management
- Systems administration, G/L account reconciliations, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P&L responsibility.
- Assist with managing and ensuring SOX compliance
- Assist the Area Director Finance with completing the year-end audit process. Review and approve all reconciliations and audit work papers. Participate in and respond to auditor requests to ensure total hotel compliance.
- Help prepare all monthly and annual financial statements.
- Investigate, review and analyze the variance explanations, involving the department staff in this process.
- Take initiative to manage trouble shooting for respective cost controls and revenue enhancement
Connected to the majesty and convenience of Grand Central Terminal, Grand Hyatt New Yorkis the quintessential New York City hub, for exceptional dining, shopping and can’t-miss attractions. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.**
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts offers a competitive benefits package which includes: * Complimentary and discount room stays at other Hyatt Hotels and Resorts * An extensive global network of advancement opportunities * Competitive medical, dental and vision options * Pre-tax commuter benefit * 401k Retirement * Fitness, mobile service and various other discounts are available to Team members
* Hospitality or Accounting degree preferred * 3 years or more of progressive Accounting management experience, preferably in a hotel * Experience supervising Accounting staff members * Prior MICROS, ADP/Enterprise and Kronos experience required * Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel * Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds * Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English * Must have excellent organizational, administrative and problem-solving skill * A high energy leader, demonstrating entrepreneurial spirit, with effective communication, while striving to improve the Hotel’s bottom line, is essential
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: Grand Hyatt New York
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW008156
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.