Hyatt Corporate Counsel – Legal, PRC in SHANGHAI, China
The Corporate Counsel position forms part of the Asia Pacific Legal team and supports the Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs – Asia Pacific, the Vice Presidents of Hyatt Real Estate and Development teams, and directors of the China support centre. The position will focus on supporting negotiation of management agreements for new China projects. The position shall also be responsible for providing legal support for hotels in China.
- Assuring that development matters are documented (Letters of Intent, Management and Franchise Agreements, etc.) and appropriately reviewed by finance/accounting, tax and other functional areas, as appropriate;
- Engaging outside counsel in accordance with company and legal department policy on an as needed basis;
- Providing legal advice to management and operations business units for Asia Pacific, including documenting compliance programs, giving training programs, reviewing marketing materials, etc.;
- Providing initial guidance to hotels should legal issues arise and assisting in referral to proper legal advisors if needed;
- Providing other legal services to the company as requested.
- Managing the cost of outside counsel and negotiating, when possible, alternative fee arrangements;
- Maintaining internal legal filing and record system;
- Assuring appropriate legal administration and maintenance of corporate authorities to conduct business; all in-country compliance activities, including, but not limited to, being responsible for supervising company secretary on company secretarial materials in relation to entities incorporated in Asia Pacific region.
- Graduate of LLB or Bachelor of Law with over 3 years of post-qualification working experience as a lawyer in either private practice or in-house legal department, preferably with relevant experience as well as real estate and/or transactional knowledge.
- Admitted to legal practice in China; and preferably another jurisdiction as well.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Ability to work independently for the assigned job responsibilities.
- Possess business acumen, be innovative and self-driven.
- Ability to travel.
Primary Location: CN-31-Shanghai
Organization: Hotel Management (Beijing) Co., Ltd
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SHA001766
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.