Hyatt Banquets Assistant Manager in SYDNEY, Australia
A career with Hyatt will open a world of opportunities!
At Hyatt our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - where we get to know others as unique individuals so we can design and deliver personal experiences with creativity and a sense of fun!
Hyatt Regency Sydney is Sydney's largest upscale hotel with 892 rooms overlooking Darling Harbour. Our Hotel offers amazing conference facilities that are second to none with 3,700 sqm of meeting and event space, two ballrooms each seating 800 people banquet style and 21 meeting rooms. The purpose built spaces are equipped with Wi-Fi access and state of the art audio-visual facilities to support a diverse range of events, ably accompanied by innovative, creative and personalised catering services.
With the largest and most sophisticated event facility in Sydney, your role will be to ensure the flawless execution of all events by creating memorable experiences for our guests. Reporting to the Director of Event Service, this position is responsible for the day to day leadership, supervision and management of associates working in the Event Service department.
Our ideal candidate will possess: *
• Experience in a 5 star environment, either a large convention hotel or convention centre in a similar supervisory or leadership role.
• Proven leadership abilities are required including fostering an open and supportive environment where associates can have fun, take pride in their work and reach their potential.
• Full Australian Working Rights
• Effective customer service skills and ability to think outside the box
• Availability across 7 days and willing to work a rotating roster
• A current Responsible Service of Alcohol card
• A current First Aid certificate
Benefits Included: *
• Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt worldwide
• Dry Cleaning
• Discount City Parking
• Learning & Development opportunities
Primary Location: AU-NS-Sydney
Organization: Hyatt Regency Sydney
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SYD001336