Hyatt Demi Chef in SYDNEY, Australia
A career with Hyatt will open a world of opportunities!
At Hyatt our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best - where we get to know others as unique individuals so we can design and deliver personal experiences with creativity and a sense of fun!
About the Role:
Your role as Demi Chef will be to practice skills in our various kitchens of In Room Dining, Restaurant and Events kitchen by working in assigned sections to the standards set by the Manager or Supervisor. You will also assist in developing recipe cards, training cooks and Commis Chefs in the team, ensuring mis en place/ par levels are aligned in your section and running assigned sections in the absence of the supervisor. This entry level supervisory role is an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef looking for their next challenge.
Key Aspects to be successful for this role:
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a Commercial Kitchen.
• Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery and a Diploma of Hospitality
• Ability to work a rotating roster, including mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays
• Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and Work Health & Safety standards
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive team player
Benefits for working with Hyatt Include:
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Complimentary accommodation at Hyatt worldwide (after 1 year full time service)
• Accommodation discounts for Hyatt worldwide
• Discount city car parking
• Uniform provided and laundered daily
Annual Salary for this role is between $56,000 - $58,000 (Superannuation additional)
**Only candidates with full working rights for Australia will be considered for this position
Primary Location: AU-NS-Sydney
Organization: Hyatt Regency Sydney
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SYD001310