Hyatt Equine Facilitator - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
Equine Facilitator will lead or assist with all Equine Programs including the Equine Experience, Common Ground, Unforgettable Canvas, trail rides, and riding lessons. Must be responsible for horse upkeep and training, ranch and tack maintenance and all other duties associated with maintaining an excellent equine facility.
- Lead and/or assist with all guest programs in the Equine department and participate in guest consultations as appropriate. Perform with cooperation and flexibility to accommodate schedule changes.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest/program matters in accordance with Miraval policy.
- Demonstrate and incorporate mindfulness in all guest contact, program, experience and written material.
- Insure a safe environment for guests and staff and preserve safety as a priority over every other task performed.
- Assist guests and staff in the care of horses and equipment to include coordination of identical horse handling procedures and participation in horse schooling/handling on a regular basis.
- Assist in general cleaning and maintenance of tack, equipment and facilities to include stall and barn areas.
- Provide immediate and thorough medical treatment of sick or injured horses (including calling veterinarian) and assist in maintaining health records on all horses.
- Adhere to all employee guidelines, standards, policies and procedures relevant to the position, the department and the organization and stay abreast of any changes, updates or revisions that may occur. Maintain complete communication and cooperation with all Miraval staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to interact with guests experiencing intense emotional stress.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE * Extensive horse handling/riding experience and knowledge of equine safety. * Ability to lead or assist with small group discussions with an experiential learning focus. * Ability to create a safe physical and emotional space for guest and horse interactions. * Ability to lift, push and pull 50 lbs. on a daily basis. * Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions including extreme heat, wind, dust and cold. * Ability to be full engaged in listening to and processing guest’s experiences is essential to this position. * CPR/First Aid certified.*LANGUAGE SKILLS* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or associates of organization. *REASONING ABILITY* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. *PHYSICAL DEMANDS * The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the facilitator is regularly required to stand and use hands to handle, or feel. The majority of the work is done outside, so the facilitator must be able to work in all kinds of weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, wind, and dust. The facilitator frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The facilitator is also required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The facilitator must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. *WORK ENVIRONMENT * The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment is largely outdoors.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: TUC000435
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.