Hyatt Assistant Food & Beverage Manager in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated customer service professional to join as Assistant F&B Manager. This position is a highly visible role as it assists in overseeing the operations in the Food and Beverage outlets (restaurant, bars, In Room Dining, outlets).
Interested candidates must have the ability to work flexible work schedules to meet business demands including weekends, holidays, mornings, afternoons and evening shifts. Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the efficient running of the food and beverage program are in line with Hyatt's Corporate Strategies and brand standards
- Assist in scheduling teams in accordance to the Collective Agreement
- Coaching and counseling employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
- Regularly ensure guest expectations are met and receive feedback through continuous guest interaction
- Plan and execute specialty parties
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with associates
- Staffing and training of staff
- Follow up on established training steps
- Ensures F&B areas of hotel are in compliance with federal, state and local laws as well as all operating procedures
- Provide assistance to other department managers
Ensure the cleanliness and safety of work environment Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome .
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
* Must have at least two (2) year's progressive food and beverage experience * Must have Serving It Right certificate * Must have Food Safe certificate * Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and holidays depending on business needs * Must be able to work and communicate with a diverse group of individuals and guests
* Must have a clear and concise written and verbal communication skills * Must have excellent people and coaching skills * Must have proven leadership skills and be able to make sound and quick decisions * Previous experience in Micros and Open Table system is preferred * Must be able to multi-task and prioritize various duties * Must be able to provide excellent service in a fast paced and busy environment * Previous experience in a unionized environment is preferred Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift * Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying a moderate amount of weight * Occasional kneeling and bending * Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: VAN001067
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.