Hyatt Server- In-Room Dining in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated customer service individual to join In Room Dining as Regular Server.
In Room Dining Servers duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service
* Providing a consistently high standard of food and beverage service
* Effectively handling guest concerns and exceeding guest expectations
* Handling cash or cards payments
* Executing of food orders, amenities and requests
* Picking up tables, trays and dishes on guest floors
* Providing general hotel and area information and activities whenever guest asks
* Ensure completion of side duties for all IRD stations
* Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
* Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
Candidate must be available to work weekend mornings starting at 6:00AM and evenings starting 4:30PM.
Starting wage for this position $13.12 per hour, after six months wage is at $15.30 per hour, and after one year full wage is $17.49 per hour plus gratuities.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Qualifications:o Must have a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. o MUST be available to work various shifts and start at 6am for morning shifts and be able to work late for evening shifts o Must have BC Food Safe certificate o Must have BC Serving it Right certificate o Must possess refined and professional verbal communication skills. o Must be fluent in the English language o Must have basic math/calculation skills o Must have at least one year of previous customer service experience o Knowledge of a second language is considered an asset o Good knowledge of the city is considered an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
o Constant standing and walking throughout shift o Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying of up to 25lbs o Occasional kneeling and bending o Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
o Capable of performing repetitious duties Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Room Service
Req ID: VAN001083