Hyatt Director of Rooms in Saint Kitts and Nevis
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the Executive Committee, the Director of Rooms is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Director of Rooms oversees hotel services including Front Desk operations, Housekeeping, Guest Services and Security. Maximizes room revenues & occupancy by analyzing daily status rates & makes adjustments accordingly. Manages large events & ensures high volume occupancy special requirements. Analyzes rate variances, monitors credit reports & maintains close observation of daily house counts. Coordinates major projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, & equipment changes. Conducts weekly Rooms Divisions meetings, including monthly financial review with subordinate managers & senior hotel directors. Prepares revenue & occupancy forecasting & monitors labor expenses through schedule approval process. Hires, manages & trains subordinate managers & employees.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Rooms operations in the front and back of the house
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Experience supervising all Rooms Departments
- Ability to assimilate operational statistics quickly and see how they can be used to enhance position of property
- Experience developing standards and operating procedures.
- Participate in MOD program
- Have dealt with special projects
Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch. *
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms experience (typically with Hyatt)
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 5 years experience in a senior role in a hotel rooms area
- Proven leadership skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
Primary Location: Caribbean Islands-Saint Kitts
Organization: Park Hyatt St. Kitts
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Hotel Operations
Req ID: SAI001146